Monday, January 21, 2013

Am I a...?

 "Believing without seeing" is usually what Christians are expected to do to be considered faithful according to many. This has always been difficult for me and continues to be so. Over the years, I have taken this statement to a different level. I will believe with understanding. One can easily see and not understand. I endeavor in my Christian walk to always ask God for understanding of the things that I see and hear. Especially, the sermons I hear and the reading of His Word. Thomas was called  a "Doubting Thomas" because he needed to see Jesus for himself after the resurrection. I think what Jesus gave him was not just proof by sight but understanding to believe that what he saw was really Jesus. "Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. (Proverbs 4:7 KJV)

Are you a...?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Visit again soon!