Monday, August 25, 2014

How to Re-experience a Personal Encounter With Christ?

Share Jesus with others. Depending on how far you’ve strayed, you may not feel comfortable sharing Jesus by proclaiming His name. Share Him in small gestures For instance, do at least one good deed for the people you meet daily. They could be family members or complete strangers. Consider these small gestures: A smile, saying good morning and have a good day, hold a door open for someone, pick up something that fell for someone, ask somebody how he is doing today, etc. You’re probably thinking but these are things I do all the time. The difference is this time, these are things you will be doing with a purpose. As you do them, think of Jesus. Make them a habit with the right frame of mind. Because of what Jesus did for you on the cross, you wanna give back. Just in case you forgot. What did He do for you on the cross? The nail-pierced hands should have been yours. Throughout the day your mind will be constantly on Jesus. We sometime make the mistake of not giving God the time of day. In my experience, I find that when I give God the time of day I have a better, more fruitful day. Because your mind is on Him, therefore, you’ll be more likely to remember to say a prayer every now and then. You’ll suddenly see an improvement in your prayer life. Consequently, you’ll want to get to know Him better and eventually pick up your Bible. It’s great stuff! Try it! By the way, God does not make serving Him complicated. If the idea of serving God seems complicated it’s not from Him. The complicated part of our salvation, Jesus fulfilled at the cross. In fact He says, “Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:29, 30 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Visit again soon!