Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Saint Is...

In a bible study class, a young child was asked to explain what a saint was. Remembering the stained glass windows in church, the child said, "Oh, saints are those people that the light shines through." Believe it or not that little boy hit it right on the nail with his response. As Christians, we are called to be saints. Those that the light shines through to represent Christ in this world. I am reminded of this song, "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine." Everywhere we step foot, we should let our light shine for Jesus. No matter what circumstances we are facing, our light should never become dim or go out because our light source is alive now and forever more.

What is a saint to you?

2 comments:

  1. A saint to me is my mother. Her light shown so bright that even though she died nearly twenty years ago, she still lights up my world. She was a blessing to all who knew her, and even more to those who didn't. Nice post, and great reminder, both of my mother, and to always let the light shine through me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee Ann! Consider becoming a follower of my blog and you check out my website if you wish. God bless

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! Visit again soon!