Monday, May 25, 2015

HOW DO I FOLLOW JESUS?


Wow! That's a tough one, which leads to this question How does one follow Jesus? Sigh! "Father God, please help me know how to follow you." That's it! As difficult as this question is to answer, God's Word, the Bible, says in Luke 1:37 KJV "For with God nothing shall be impossible." Philippians 4:13 KJV gives me a promise that "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." So I'm not alone! I can do this! And he saith unto them, "Follow me..."(Matthew 4:19 KJV) But How?

Believe

Believe that God loves you and wants to save you through Jesus Christ. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16 KJV). For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. (Romans 10:11 KJV)

Repent

Let the Holy Spirit lead you to repentance, that is to turn away in sorrow from sin that separates you from God."Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out..." (Acts 3:19 KJV). From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. (Matthew 4:17 KJV)

Confess

Confess your sins and admit you are a sinner and need Jesus Christ. "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9 KJV). Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. (1 John 4:15 KJV)

Receive

Receive Jesus into your heart today. "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20 KJV). As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him" (Colossians 2:6 KJV).

Thank You Lord

Jesus, I want to FOLLOW you in all things and truly be one of your children. Please remember my effort when you come into your kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Visit again soon!