Friday, May 17, 2013

Prayer Breeds Wisdom



In 1996, my husband was severely ill. I was somewhat a newlywed, inexperienced, overwhelmed, and overburdened with a 2-year-old child to care for.

As a new convert in my church, I did not know too much about prayer and its power. That is until I discovered it for myself.

On a Tuesday evening, following the prayer service the pastor, who knew about my situation, said to me, "Hold on firm! Sometimes God is just testing us."

 "Are you kidding?" I thought to myself. "God, if this is a test, I had enough." I couldn't wait to get home and get on my knees and pray, even though I didn't know what I was going to say.

Needless to say, I did pretty well. I knew nothing about confessing sins, ask and you shall receive, and so on...All I knew was that I found myself weeping and wailing and begging for mercy.

"God, please have mercy on me. I can't take this anymore." Before the prayer, if someone asked me what "this" meant, I couldn't tell them. But, God knew exactly what it meant and provided for me accordingly.

I got on my knees heavy laden and rose up as light as a feather. Between work, visiting my husband in rehab, picking up my child from Daycare, and taking care of the house, I was a mess. I was stressed out and getting sick often.

"I was blind but now I see." My days didn't have to be chaotic anymore. Suddenly, I knew what to do. "I don't have to answer the phone when I'm busy."

How wise is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Visit again soon!